Friday, February 17, 2012

Elvia Malagon


Hoosier turned Floridian

This year I went from being a careless college student to a "grown-up." It's been weird. After graduating from Indiana University, I went on a trip to Eldoret, Kenya where I wrote about how HIV/AIDS has altered Kenyans lives. Then I packed up my bags and moved to a completely different part of the U.S. I've worked at the Ledger in Lakeland, Fla., since the summer. My beat is crime but I also cover some general news. Covering crime has been really interesting and challenging.Attheendoftheday,IreallylikeitandI'mlearningalot.I'vewrittenabouteverythingfromhomicidestotwo-headedsnakes.

Here is a link to all my stories for the Ledger:http://www.theledger.com/personalia/elvmal

If you all are ever in Florida, come visit me!

-Elvia




No comments:

Post a Comment