Friday, February 17, 2012

Lenore Devore


It’s been a whirlwind year, unbelievable on so many levels.

Personally, my husband, Bill, and I took a fabulous trip to Ireland, where we landed in Shannon, picked up a rental car and toured all of Southern Ireland without a plan. We saw almost every tourist attraction from the Cliffs of Moher to Waterford to Blarney Castle, where, yes, we kissed the famed stone upsidedown, and everything in between – even ones we first heard of on a road sign as we passed. We had an incredible time, ending with four days in Killarney, where we spent four nights in a five-star hotel complete with AC (you know, us Floridians live and die by AC!).
Two months later, as I was getting ready to leave Lakeland to recruit at NAHJ in Orlando, our publisher promoted me to editor of The Ledger. That was a Wednesday, and I wasn’t allowed to tell anyone until it was announced late the following Monday. That was tough!
I have enjoyed every minute since. We have reorganized our Newsroom, which allowed us to hire 11 people. We also have focused on our core readers, and we’re actually picking up circulation, hopefully based on that. And we started an investigative team that is unearthing many dead bodies.
In December I took my first two-week vacation - -a week at home with Bill’s kids and my South Carolina brother and his family, then ski with my husband. It was marvelous! Now we're in a new year, one in which our newspaper was sold from The New York Times Co. to Halifax Media Group. More change ahead!
Best wishes to everyone!
Lenore 

No comments:

Post a Comment