Friday, February 17, 2012

Samantha Sais


Since the Institute a lot has happened– I know I didn't do an update last year around so I'll jump to 2011.

Starting with Gabby Giffords shooting on Jan. 8, 2011, my year got a running start freelancing that story and being first on scene for the NYTimes. During the same event I was offered a stringer contract for Reuters and started enterprising photo stories for them.

I graduated from the University of Arizona in May, 2011. The Monday post graduation I was in Nashville at the Chips Quinn training program.

I was offered a photography position at The Arizona Republic under the Pulliam Fellowship and the Chips Quinn Scholarship program.

After my fellowship ended, I continued to work in the realm of freelance photography while planning my next adventure– hopping on the 2012 campaign trail in December, starting in Iowa. I covered the Iowa Caucus shooting for Reuters which ended yesterday. As the campaign trail travels onward I will separate from it in Feb. to travel to Nairobi, Kenya.

While visiting the continent, I plan to travel to Sudan, South Sudan, Tanzania, Egypt, Somalia, Nigeria and wherever the news takes me. I plan to go on a photography freelance basis working for photo related agencies. I return to the U.S. in May and after that who knows what the future holds for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment