Friday, February 17, 2012

Sara Martinez


Master of employment!

I can't believe it has been two years since we all met. I still think of you all daily and am thrilled every time I see another one of you kicking ass in our field! This past year was devoted to continuing my education and finishing my master's degree from Northwestern University.

Over the summer, I participated in the school's News21 project focusing on education, then in my last quarter of grad school in the fall I worked for my college's news service as a reporter on Capitol Hill. I got to write some amazing stories and had some wonderful experiences.

And today, exactly four weeks after my last day of graduate school (and less than a week after my degree became official on my transcript), I got a job!! I'll be starting early next month at the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, where I'll be the first hybrid designer/copy editor/producer, helping to bring the paper into the digital age with its soon-to-be-released iPad app.

In other good news this year, my brother got married in August and I ended up being the maid of honor at the wedding. It was so much fun!! Then my cousin was married in Florida a month later, where we had another grand party. My cousin's twin is expecting her first baby next month, and on Christmas I found out that I will officially become an aunt this August when my brother's wife has a baby! It's an exciting time for my family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment