Friday, February 17, 2012

Jessica Flores


Currently, I'm a reporter with NBC-Palm Springs in Southern
California's Coachella Valley. I shoot, write, edit and present
stories on air. I've covered everything from a visit from President
Bush to a 24-hour shooting standoff. I've been here for almost two
months and the desert is beautiful now, but I'm mentally preparing for
the summer's high heat.
Immediately after I graduated from USC Journalism graduate school in
May, I reported with News21. The ten-week fellowship was truly
worthwhile. I got to actually spend time--something no journalist has
enough of--- on a series of stories about a town struggling to find
help to deal with their growing poverty and it happens to be
represented by one of the richest members of Congress. I dug into
financial data to show the disparity between the leaders and the led,
and put human faces to the story through video profiles on people
losing their homes and struggling to find food in an upper middle
class community. You can check out the whole project here:
http://usc.news21.com/jessicaflores/home. Let me know what you think!
Please keep in touch and let me know if any of you are ever in the
Coachella Valley!

No comments:

Post a Comment